Visit an Inmate
- Monday – All Females
- Tuesday – Males A-G
- Wednesday – Males H-O
- Thursday – Males P-Z
- Friday – SHU/Medical
Visitation for general population is for 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sign up begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 7:00 PM.
Visitation for inmates housed in separation is from 1:00PM to 4:00PM and 6:00 PM to 8:00PM. Sign up begins at 1:00 PM.
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONES to include ALL electronic devices allowed in the visitation areas; this includes the lobby waiting areas. Possession of a cell phone will result in the termination of the visit and can result in the visitor being barred from visitation for a length of time to be determined by the Command Staff.
- You may only bring your ID card and car keys into the Law Enforcement Center. All other items shall remain in your vehicle.
- You must be on the inmate’s approved visitor list to be able to visit the inmate.
- Any person 17 years of age or older is authorized a 20 minute visit per inmate, twice during a one week period. Limit of two visitors per inmate per week.
- Each visitor must show a current valid picture identification (state or military issued) to be approved by the jailer on duty before being admitted to visit.
- Children 16 years of age or under are allowed to visit provided they are accompanied by an adult. A limit of one child per adult is imposed. Unless one child is an infant (NOT WALKING). It is the visitor’s responsibility to have adult supervision for children not visiting. Children are not allowed to be left alone without adult supervision.
- Stay in the waiting room until the officer tells you to enter the visitation area.
- Use only the phone assigned to you. Do not change phones unless given permission from a jailer. Do not use more than one phone.
- Only one visitor at a time can visit an inmate. Unless given permission by the supervisor in charge.
- Inmate activities will not be interrupted; the visitor will be notified when the inmate is available.
- All visitors who have signed up at least 60 minutes prior to the close of visitation are permitted to complete a full visit, regardless of the time visitation ends.
- Persons who have been incarcerated in the Wichita County Jail are not permitted to visit any inmate until 90 days have passed since being released.
- Visitors are to be properly clothed, including shirts and shoes. No tank tops, halter tops, see through blouses, short shorts or skirts, or other revealing clothing will be allowed.
- No smoking, food, or drinks are allowed in the visitation area.
- Loud or abusive talking, failure to supervise/control children, slamming the phone receiver, or inappropriate behavior are grounds for terminating your visit.
- No money or money instruments will be accepted by Jail Staff during visitation or left for inmates. Cash, debit cards, or credit cards can be used to add money to an inmate’s account by using the kiosk machines located in the in the lobby. Money orders or cashier’s checks must be mailed to the inmate.
- Some inmates cannot visit at the same time with other inmates. Visitors will be notified when the room has been cleared.
- Wichita County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to refuse any person visitation for violation of these rules.