Visit an Inmate
Jail Visitation Hours and Rules
VISITATION FOR ALL DAYS
8 am to 8 pm
(Sign Up Ends at 7 pm)
Visitation is based on the first letter of the last name OR if the inmate needs special consideration.
- Last names starting with A through L visitation is on Tuesday.
- Last names starting with M through Z visitation is on Wednesday.
- Inmates in Solitary or on Keep Separate List visitation is on Thursday.
Rules For Inmate Visitation
- Absolutely NO CELL PHONES to include ALL electronic devices allowed in the visitation areas; this includes the lobby waiting areas. Possession of a cell phone will result in the termination of the visit and can result in the visitor being barred from visitation for a length of time to be determined by the Command Staff.
- Any person 17 years of age or older is authorized a 20 minute visit per inmate, twice during a one week period. Limit of two visitors per inmate per week.
- Persons living more than 100 miles away may visit an inmate once per month on a day that is not the normal visitation day for that inmate. Visitors must have proof of address. Special visits are authorized on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Each visitor must show a current valid picture identification (state or military issued) to be approved by the jailer on duty before being admitted to visit.
- Children 16 years of age or under are allowed to visit provided they are accompanied by an adult. A limit of one child per adult is imposed. Unless one child is an infant (NOT WALKING). It is the visitor’s responsibility to have adult supervision for children not visiting. Children are not allowed to be left alone without adult supervision.
- Stay in the waiting room until the jailer tells you to enter the visitation area.
- Use only the phone assigned to you. Do not change phones unless given permission from an jailer. Do not use more than one phone.
- Only one visitor at a time can visit an inmate. Unless given permission by the supervisor in charge.
- Inmate activities will not be interrupted; the visitor will be notified when the inmate is available.
- All visitors who have signed up at least 60 minutes prior to the close of visitation are permitted to complete a full visit, regardless of the time visitation ends.
- Persons who have been incarcerated in the Wichita County Jail are not permitted to visit any inmate until 90 days have passed since being released.
- Visitors are to be properly clothed, including shirts and shoes. No tank tops, halter tops, see through blouses, short shorts or skirts, or other revealing clothing will be allowed.
- No smoking, food, or drinks are allowed in the visitation area.
- Loud or abusive talking, failure to supervise/control children, slamming the phone receiver, or inappropriate behavior are grounds for terminating your visit.
- No money or money instruments will be accepted by Jail Staff during visitation or left for inmates. Cash, debit cards, or credit cards can be used to add money to an inmate’s account by using the kiosk machines located in the Jail Annex lobby or on the 1st floor of the main Courthouse. Money orders or cashier’s checks must be mailed to the inmate.
- Some inmates cannot visit at the same time with other inmates. Visitors will be notified when the room has been cleared.
- Wichita County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to refuse any person visitation for violation of these rules.