The Wichita County Sheriff’s Office is looking for the best and brightest individuals. Those who have the aptitude and sense of commitment, those who want to help their community, and those who want to make a difference. The Wichita County Sheriff’s Office’s goal is to provide the highest level of professional public service to the wide range of ethnic and culturally diverse groups that make up Wichita County.
A Career with the Wichita County Sheriff’s Office offers; challenge, excitement, teamwork and job satisfaction, opportunities for special assignments, and career development, opportunities for promotion, and competitive salary and benefits.
The Wichita County Sheriff’s Office has openings for the following positions:
(click link for information on position, scroll to bottom of page for application)
As a minimum, applicants with the Sheriff’s Office must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 18 years of age (21 for Patrol Deputy)
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen or a Naturalized citizen. Civilian applicants must be able to show proof of residency or a work visa.
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required (For Field Deputies must hold valid Texas Peace Officer’s License.)
- Criminal History: In general, no record of conviction for any offense above the grade of Class B Misdemeanor, no convictions for Class B Misdemeanor within the preceding 10 years, must not have ever been on probation for any offense above the grade of Class B Misdemeanor.
- Valid Driver’s License: Field Deputies and Detention Officers are required to maintain a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Each applicant seeking employment with the Sheriff’s Office must successfully complete a multi-step hiring process as outlined below.
Steps in Hiring Process
- Complete application packet
- Complete minimum qualification Review
- Pass a Reading Comprehension Exam
- Interview with oral review board
- Pass extensive background investigation
- Placement on eligibility list
- Offer of employment made as appropriate position becomes available. Offer is conditional upon the successful completion of:
- Medical examination (for Detention Officers and Deputies)
- Psychological examination (for Detention Officers and Deputies)
- Drug Screening
- Strength Test (for Detention Officers and Deputies)
If the steps listed above are completed successfully and the position is offered is accepted, the applicant will receive a starting date and complete in-processing.
Applicants MUST successfully complete each step to progress to the next step in the hiring process.
Individuals interested in applying may come to the Sheriff’s Office at 900 7th St. Wichita Falls, TX and pick up an application packet or download and print both the Employment Application and Personal History Statement. It is imperative to read all instructions and questions when filling out BOTH forms, as incomplete or inaccurate applications are reason for dismissal from hiring process. Complete Employment Applications and Personal History Statements must be submitted together to the Sheriff’s Office Monday-Friday 8a-5p. Any questions about applications process can be answered by calling the WCSO recruiter at 940-716-8678 or the training division at 940-766-8170.
There are no positions open at this time. Please check back later.